[WBEL-users] About WB maintainers

Milan Ker¹lįger milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:28:40 +0200

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:48:52AM -0400, Dan Geist wrote:
> I'm sure many of the people on this list "could" roll their own whitebox
> clone. Of course, that doesn't imply that anyone really wants to commit
> the time to re-doing an awful lot of quality work.
>
> It's easy for people to say, "Hey, I don't like the way this is. I'm
> going to complain, but not offer any real help." I don't want to do
> that. Frankly, I'd love to see a core group of folks that can all be
> responsible for package building, etc.

As I complained many times *with* offering help, I can say here that
there is *no* response from Morris. This is his one-man-show and only
his show.  As we see here, he don't want to be as good as he think about
himself.

Anybody is able to see and read (at lwn.net for example) that Whitebox
is the worst distribution (if we look at most popular distros) because
there is no release for critical security updates (even there are public
sources) within many weeks after RHEL put them to the public.

This is really wrong and I would like to see improvement.

I used to made 'testing updates' for more than half of a year but there
was no effect and no positive response and no improvement so I stopped
it because I wasted my free time only. Instead of this I'm using Tao
Linux and CentOS updates. This saves me the time for a work on other
packages I'm maintaining for RHEL (and clones).

This is worth to buy original RHEL where possible too to help RHEL folks
with their very good job too (this mean to have security updates in
time).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz