[WBEL-users] Password change error

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:05:28 -0500

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 13:32, gri0941 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recently installed WBEL and setup SAMBA as a PDC with all members as
> Windows 2000/XP clients. Now when the user is logged into the WBEL box and
> goes to change the password using GnomeStart->Preferences->Password, they
> get a dialog box asking for their current password. Upon entering the
> correct password and hitting enter, they get a dialog box saying
> "Unspecified Error". The process stops there. I am unable to find an error
> message that is a little more specific so that I may debug. Have any of you
> seen this before?

I haven't seen that problem ... but if the users are domain members and
logging in via the domain on windows machines (and if there is a working
passwd chat in the smb.conf), they should be able to change their
passwords via their windows machines (if they are NT-2K-XP machines) by
pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and selecting change password).

Johnny Hughes
HughesJR.com