[WBEL-users] Account with no password?

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:10:53 -0600

I'm struggling a bit to create an account with no password, only the
username.

Before anybody goes balistic over a crappy security policy, this is for
my two little kids on a non-networked ancient box.

I have an old RH7.3 (or 8?) box that they play games on. Both my 3 year
old and 5 year old know to type their name in (lower case), and hit
<enter> to log in.

I've not reformatted the old computer yet, just had my 5yo in my office
with my WBEL workstation. He wanted to play while I finished up some
stuff so I could leave. That's when I first noticed the inability to
have stupid security.

I've been banging my head trying to get WBEL to take no password, but my
meager sysadmin skills (and google) are failing me.

OK... kind of goofy, but goofy is my specialty. ;-)

Thanks!