[WBEL-users] SSH Info

Ed Morrison emorrison@ncen.org
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:51:34 -0700

> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > I actually did that but it didn't change anything with how ssh
works.  I
> > can still login and use ssh1.
> >
> According to the documentation, putting:
>
> protocol 2
>
> in sshd_config will only allow connection via ssh2 protocol ... see
this
> link:

This statement didn't exactly hold true.  I did restart the sshd service
but it still allowed me to connect with ssh1.  I was able to connect
using ssh1 from a winblows box using SecureCRT set to ssh1.  I still had
the original ssh1 connection open I was using with my wbel workstation.
I did a restart of the box and ssh1 still worked from both the winblows
and the wbel box.  Post the second restart I ran up2date on the box and
updated a bunch of stuff including openssh.  I did another restart and
now ssh1 will not work....of course neither will ssh2 now.

> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-

bin/man.cgi?query=sshd_config&sektion=5&arch=&apropos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+
Cu
> rrent

Thanks for the link. Now to see if I can get the keys working for me.

> What are you using to make a ssh1 connection ....

WBEL and winblows with securecrt

> Did you restart sshd after changing the sshd_config file (and make
sure
> you changed sshd_config and not ssh_config).

Yes, I did.