[WBEL-users] RE: Whitebox-users digest, Vol 1 #389 - 16 msgs

JJ jscott@cpinternet.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:42:19 -0500

> I picked WBEL 3.0 because my friend had told me that it was the same as
RHEL 3.0.
> As I now go in search of the NIC and ? Storage (SCSI RAID) drivers for the
server, can anyone please tell me what the kernel it runs on?
> I need to know so that I can download the correct drivers from HP's site.

Andrew,

I don't specifically have ML530's at work, but I've been using WBEL 3.0 on
Compaq / HP ML370's, DL360's & DL380's for quite some time.

The install will autodetect all of the appropriate hardware, but for HP SIM
Support, install the HP Proliant Support Pack 7.11 for RHEL3.  It
autodetects and installs drivers & management agents for your specific
hardware.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21102.html

Before running the PSP install, you will need to create an
/etc/redhat-release and give the appearance of RHEL3.0 ( Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 1) ) for the scripts to function properly.

Hope this helps...

JJ Scott