[WBEL-users] recommended rpm kernel package please!!!

Raul pitti rdpitti@globaltecsa.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:39:11 -0500

Saludos desde Panamá!!
One of my clients recently acquired an hp ml110  small server..
It has a P4 with HyperThreading . Any time I try to load the smp kernel,
it display some message complaining about problems with APIC , but the
machine seems to be working o.k.

Wich kernel should i use, the smp enabled kernel or a regular, non-smp
aware kernel ??
anyone have experience with HT under Linux? does it'll give a better
performance for a file server using nfs ?
thanks in advanced for your help.

RP
p.s. this server will go live on monday, serving about 80 linux
workstations and a few win9x/2k/XP clients .