[WBEL-users] CD Unreadable

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:43:27 -0500

Good morning.

I've got a CD that I can't read under Linux, but I can under WXP.  I saw
something that said that some CDs are written entirely as "hidden", so I
put "unhide" on the fstab entry - still no luck.  Is this something
simple I'm missing?  When I do "ll -a" on it, I see the directories "."
and "..", so I know the thing is mounted.

Here's the fstab for my two cdrom drives...

/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom   udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,unhide,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1  /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,unhide,ro 0 0

Also, I just set up a samba share that try to map in fstab, but startup
hangs until I press enter because it's waiting for a password.  Is there
a way to pass a credential file within fstab, or do I need to take it
out of there and put it somewhere else?  Here's what I've got for that
one...  (sorry if it wraps...)

//michelle/Root_C       /mnt/michelle           smbfs
rw,user,owner,suid,exec,umask=0000,uid=summersd,gid=summersd    1 2

Thanks...  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++