[WBEL-users] Samba Under WBEL

George Salt ggsalt@yahoo.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:52:24 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I noticed that WB ships with Samba 3.0.4-6, while the
latest version is 3.06.  Also, there is no Samba-SWAT.

I tried to update via rpm - that failed due to failed
library dependencies.  Can't install the required
libraries because the version required by the rpm
conflicts with the version that is currently
installed.

I downloaded the source for Samba 3.0.6 - it seemed to
compile/make/install with no errors; yet, I'm still
running 3.0.4-6.  I tried to nuke the older version
with rpm -e; that failed due to dependencies.

Could someone explain how to get Samba 3.0.6 with SWAT
running under WB?

Thanks,

~GS