[WBEL-users] Samba Under WBEL

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:40:03 -0500

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 11:52, George Salt wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I noticed that WB ships with Samba 3.0.4-6, while the
> latest version is 3.06.  Also, there is no Samba-SWAT.
I am rebuilding the current SRPM file on WBEL ... I'll see how it turns
out and post it to the list.

But, my question is, do you want to use that version.  One of the main
reasons to use WBEL instead of Fedora Core 2 is that it is based on a
stable base of programs ... and if you upgrade programs, you are no
longer using the stable base, so you might as well use FC2.

> I tried to update via rpm - that failed due to failed
> library dependencies.  Can't install the required
> libraries because the version required by the rpm
> conflicts with the version that is currently
> installed.
>
> I downloaded the source for Samba 3.0.6 - it seemed to
> compile/make/install with no errors; yet, I'm still
> running 3.0.4-6.  I tried to nuke the older version
> with rpm -e; that failed due to dependencies.
>
> Could someone explain how to get Samba 3.0.6 with SWAT
> running under WB?

If I can get the RPMS to install after they make, I'll post how I did
it.

Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com>