[WBEL-users] WBEL on UML guest

Alexandre Aufrere loopkin@nikosoft.net
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:39:56 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to install WBEL as UML guest. I can't manage at all to
install it. I've tried various methods taken from various mailing lists
or HOWTOs, but nothing works.
More specifically, i've been using:
http://linuxhacker.ru/uml/
and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.uml.user/3928

i've tried with kernels from 2.4.20 till 2.4.27 with the UML patches,
and my host is a 2.6.7 with SKAS patch.

whatever method i use, the installation hangs (going out with signal 11)
after retrieving and mounting stage2.img/netstg2.img .
if i try to modify the /usr/sbin/probe file contained in these images
(as suggested by the first link), the install then complains i'm not
using the good version of WBEL repository...

if someone ever managed to install this, could you tell what version of
kernel was used, on what host, and following what method, and with what
command line ?

thanx in advance,

Alexandre