[WBEL-users] LSI SATA 150-6 [Update: LSI SATA 150-2]

Christian Nygaard chris@math.uu.se
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:28:23 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Nick Bright wrote:

> I was so impressed with my LSI SATA 150-6, when the time came to purchase a
> 2ch RAID controller for a simple mirroring scenario, I was gung-ho to purchase
> the 2 channel version of this card. However, I have discovered that this card
> has some problems. Thought I would share with the list to prevent anyone from
> making the same mistake.

What's your general impression of the Megaraid 150-4, 150-6? Does they run
stable? And do they use the stock kernel MegaRaid driver or do you have to
load a seperate driver disk during install?

Cheers,
Chris