[WBEL-users] WBEL ...dead?

Namdar Bolour nam@computer.org
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:35:11 -0800

Stuart Jansen wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 11:55 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>

>>Be a lil difficult to sell that to the IT Manager / CTO : Hang tight
>>dude, its comming. Anytime now.
>>

>You have two options: 1) Pay RH for reliable support. 2) Create an
>in-house support infrastructure that works with WBEL to share work load.
>
>You don't have a third option: 3) Free load and get reliable support.
>
>Seriously, the WBEL developer(s) are doing a great service but owe us
>nothing.

Here, here!  I'm glad someone reminded Karanbir what WBEL is and isn't.
It's a gift to the public from a public library in Louisiana who were
generous enough to share the fruits of their work.  They are under no
obligation whatsoever to provide any support, let alone timely support.
I for one appreciate anything we get from John Morris and the Beauregard
Parish Public Library, and I think most people in this mailing list
share my view.  If someone is not satisfied with the updates, they
always have the option to do it themselves and share back.  Remember,
John Morris and the Library are not making any money from WBEL.  In case
Karanbir has not already done so, I suggest that he reread the pages at
www.whiteboxlinux.org to recall what WBEL is and isn't.