[WBEL-users] Re: [WBEL-devel] I'm not dead yet. :)

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:01:47 -0600

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 06:55:45PM +0100, Kay Diederichs wrote:
> John Morris wrote:
> >Sorry about dropping out for a bit, been on a deployment deadline death
> >march followed up by a Thanksgiving roadtrip with <24 hour notice of the
> >change of plans.  Ended up staying with folks who only had a cellphone so
> >no net for six days.   (Yes I am still twitching spasmodically from
> >withdrawal.)
> >
> >All but one update is now on the primary site awaiting the mirrors to
> >catch them.  The missing one is httpd and considering the problems it has
> >caused I'm going to hold on hatching that pending a bit more inspection
> >later tonight.
> >

> I don't see it on any of the mirrors until now (dec-06), not even on NCSU .
> Did you change the location of the updates directory, so that the mirrors
> mirror the wrong site/directory?

Nope, the NCSU mirror site just periodically has issues.  (As far as
I can tell from what I've seen, it's very rarely whiteboxlinux.org
that has problems).  Of the 5-6 times I've seen problems with the
mirrors, it's been fixed on the NCSU time all but once (the one time
I believe it was the headers were out of sync because John Morris
was trying to save time/bandwidth, his local copy worked, but the
copy people mirroed from didn't).

I've filed a ticket with them and the sync is going on right now (if
you rsync, and then rsync again, you'll get more files).  As I'm
writting this, they are pulling the SRPMS, hopefully they'll get to
i386 soon.

They pulled the e-mail address from the rsync and ftp MOTD.  I got
in contact with David Mir, the last person I saw who had
successfully contacted the mirror admin, in private.  He gave me a
URL that you can submit trouble tickets to.

http://help.ncsu.edu/services/passon.pl?basedoc=newprob.html

Thanks to David Mir for forwarding that info to me.  To cover
myself, I'm going to point out, until it's been 48 hours on the
updates are out of sync you probably shouldn't file a trouble
ticket.  If you do file one, please e-mail the list so we don't
carpet bomb them with requests to get the mirrors in sync.  The
people at NCSU doing us a huge favor, we should be nice to them.  I
wish they'd give me a direct e-mail contact, as I'd e-mail the guy
and the CC: the whitebox list so everyone was in the loop.

	Thanks,
		Kirby