[WBEL-users] WBEL Vs Centos ? :-S

Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:18:28 -0600 (CST)

> The lack of a respin does not make a distro worse than another.
> it is also interesting about your address which means you come
> onto this list and bash another distro in favor of one you are
> directly involved with.  This is fully unprofessional and IMO
> should exclude your distro from any consideration int he future
> until a fully apology for your behavior is made.

I actually disagree ... the original message asked about comparisons
bewtween CentOS and WBEL ... and Raimo pointed to a paper he wrote on the
subject of different RHEL distros (one of which is his).

He did not say only use Lineox ... and he he didn't state anything untrue.
 He did have a respin after 4 days ... and CentOS was next ... then came
everyone else much later (WBEL still has not done one).

I don't use Lineox, but I have installed it ... and if you have a
subscription, it does put out updates faster than any other distro.

I have been a huge and vocal supporter of WBEL ... and still am ... but in
a comparison based solely on timely updates released, it is last.  It is
also last on community envolvement (except the mailing-list).  Those are
just the facts.