[WBEL-users] WBEL Vs Centos ? :-S

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:06:43 -0600

Adam Thomas wrote:

>This is hideously off the mark.  We deploy WhiteBox on a few of our
>less critical boxes (mainly because we have the money to buy RedHat
>licenses) and it's probably going to stay that way for quite a while
>due to the fact that this is John's show.  I don't want a bunch of
>nitwit Linux-wannabes rebuilding errata for these boxes, even if the

I resemble that remark thank you very much.   Ohh, but I don't rebuild
errata.

>If you would rather use CentOS and write white papers on how awesome

I don't recall anyone writing a white paper saying how great CentOS is.
Perhaps someone wrote a white paper comparing how great their Commercial
enterprise linux offering is compared to the rest of us "nitwit
Linux-wannabes".

Perhaps if you got your facts straight before you shoved your head in
someone's backside...

>you are, why don't you do that on a list that isn't titled
>whitebox-users?  If you hate whitebox, chances are you're not a
>"whitebox-user".

Last I heard this was an open list.  When John closes the list, I guess
I'll be off the list.

><much drivel and some facts snipped>
>

>that there is.  The bottom line is that THESE ARE ALL RED HAT CLONES.
>

>THEY CLONE REDHAT.  None of them is going to offer you anything
>special over the other; you could probably pick based on which one has
>the best default wallpaper, for crying out loud.

I was generally ignoring this thread, but this has to be the most
asinine comment anyone has made on this list in the last 2 months.

refer back a couple of comments, you clearly have spent about a total of
30 seconds investigating ALL THE REDHAT CLONES.

.dn

webmaster:  http://whiteboxlinux.net
and http://webdev.centos.org