[WBEL-users] WBEL Vs Centos ? :-S

Jon Lewis jlewis@lewis.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:31:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Kirby C. Bohling wrote:

> At some point, someone should to convince one or two of the major
> mirrors to talk with John Morris about getting direct rsync access
> and pulling the mirrors straight from whiteboxlinux.org.

Another possibility that just occurred to me...what if someone were to
give John/WBEL a dedicated server not on the Library's T1, but in some
data center where there was ample bandwidth for a collection of (maybe
just tier-1) mirrors to rsync?  The cost of a server decent enough to do
this (i.e. any late PIII or PIV with ~100GB of ATA RAID1 and 512mb or 1GB
RAM) is negligible to anyone running such a data center.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |