[WBEL-users] PostgreSQL 8.0 ?

Mário Gamito gamito@netual.pt
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:11:15 +0000

Hi all,

I'm running a WBEL development server, with its bundled PostgreSQL 7.3

Now i need PostgreSQL 8.0 even though it's not been realesed as stable
yet. I cannot wait. My deadline is around the corner :(
I saw on PostgreSQL's FTP they have RHEL's RPMs for 8.0RC1

Straight to the point: if i grab them and make a rpm -Uvh to upgrade
from 7.3 to 8.0 (on WBEL, remember), will things run smoothly ?

Has anyone around here tried this already ?
Any special precautions/whatever needed ?

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm Regards.
--
Mário Gamito
Administração de sistemas e desenvolvimento