[WBEL-users] Dell: Red Hat needs to lower prices

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave@58ghz.net
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:26:16 -0600

Dell probably wouldn't sell any of there hardware with any of RHEL
clones. What they want is the "Corporate" style support structure behind
the OS.

If you had built a well known and established clone, had some
experience, a very large professional dedicated staff and working
relationships with some of the enterprise players like Oracle, etc. you
might be able to take a run at it with Dell.

I'm surprised that one of major players hasn't tried to make a their own
clone yet...