[WBEL-users] Dell: Red Hat needs to lower prices

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:45:04 -0500 (EST)

John Lowry said:

> I actually hope I'm wrong here.  Is there a definitive opinion that
> proves it? By definitive, I mean Red Hat admitted, or perhaps a statement
> from the GPL organization disputing their (Red Hat's) license, or ???

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Wes already quoted the part of
the RHEL license that says you can use the software without an RHN
subscription.  The only real "gotcha" is that your RHN subscriptions says
that if you have _any_ RHEL machines subscribed that you agree to have
_all_ RHEL machines subscribed.  The RHEL license agreement only covers
the RHN subscription, all software is covered under it's respective
license (be it GPL, BSD, Apache, etc.).

--
William Hooper