[WBEL-users] Apache SSL and virtualhost

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:42:48 -0600

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 16:46 -0500, John Hinton wrote:
> Did I read on here somewhere that you must now have an individual IP for
> every SSL virtualhost? Seems I keep running in circles adding a second
> SSL domain. :(
>
> I checked the achives, but couldn't seem to find the post. Sure would be
> nice if those archives were seachable. Complain, complain, complain. LOL!
>
> Thanks,
> John Hinton

The problem with using a virtual host with SSL is that the http headers
are encrypted ... and so, the main site SSL certificate is used to
decrypt the request (since it can't read the headers before they are
decrypted).

I have not been able to solve this issue ... BUT, https does work for
virtual hosts (and the connection is encrypted), it just uses the main
site's certificate, not the one for the virtual host.

Johnny Hughes