[WBEL-users] Apache SSL and virtualhost

Vic whitebox@beer.org.uk
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:07:49 -0000 (GMT)

>>>Did I read on here somewhere that you must now have an individual IP for
>>>every SSL virtualhost? Seems I keep running in circles adding a second
>>>SSL domain. :(

> But, I was successful.
>
> I created another IP on the same eth0 interface using eth0:1 and ifconfig.

This is the key: you need another IP address.

AIUI, you need to encrypt the HTTP GET and PUT commands (or else you get
data leakage). If you do that, you need to decrypt those commands before
you can find out which name-based vhost to use - but you need to know that
before you can do the decryption...

Name-based virtual hosting doesn't work with HTTPS. But if you've got more
than one IP address, all's fine.

TTFN

Vic.