[WBEL-users] How can I cloning a freshly tweaked system?

Thomas E. Haynes haynest@mchsi.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:09:15 -0500

--snip--

> Rather than reformat, reinstall, configure and re-tweak the system
> which could take me a good couple of weeks or so, can I somehow make a
> clone of the HDD of a freshly installed and fully tweaked & optimized
> WBEL server?
> Then store the clone/image somewhere else. That way, when disaster
> strikes, I can just duplicate the clone back onto a new HDD slot it
> back into the server, copy latest backed-up /home files into it and
> I'll be up and running again.

Andrew...

Take a look at Mondoarchive. I am using it with WBEL.

It has worked very well for me. Use the iso mode, and burn to CD. The CDs
boot, and the trial, paranoid "restore from metal" restored as intended.

Regards...   Tom