[WBEL-users] RPM database lost :(

Mário Gamito gamito@netual.pt
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:29:01 +0000

Hi,

After a reboot, all i had inside /var vanished. Yes, simply disapeared!!!

Well, i've managed to setup things again, except to things:

1. The RPM database:
I've already erased ___db*; rpm --rebuilddb; rpm --initdb; no way, zero.
Always reapear those ___db* files.
Is there another method of building my RPM database from start ?

2. Yum:
I've reinstaled it, but i always get the error that it cannot find the
mirror. But it is alive. What can be wrong ?

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm regards.
--
Mário Gamito
Administração de sistemas e desenvolvimento