[WBEL-users] Possible arts update depedency problem

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:51:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, pedro caņadilla wrote:

> Updating the arts package arts-1.1.3-2.3.i386.rpm, I've just gotten
> the following message:
>
> Resolving·dependencies
> ......Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package arts needs libmad.so.0, this is not available.
>
> Trying to remove the arts package is in fact not possible just because
> there are important packages that depends on it:
>
> I've just installed the package libmad-0.15.1-0.b.rhel3.dag.i386.rpm
> and now the arts package don't complain about dependencies.
>
> Is this a good solution or workaround to the problem?

Yup, that will solve the problem.  Unfortunatly I can't just post that
package and solve it for everyone.  I'm inside the US and bound by the
same insane software patents as RH suffers under.

I was building up a version of xmms with mp3 support for internal use here
on the library's patron lab and had libmad, id3tag, etc installed on my
buildhost.  Aparently if mp3 support is available arts links to it for
some reason.  Grr.  Looks like the only longterm answer is going to be to
remove those packages and rebuild a .WB1 package to force it to be
'newer'.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!