[WBEL-users] adaptec 2130slp

John john@bailx.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:11:57 -0500

Here is my (short) story... i shall try to keep it short anyhow...  My
Red Hat Enterprise ES subscription runs out on Jan 5.  I wanted to
switch from x86 to x86_64, but Red Hat will not "switch" my account.
Therefore I would have to spend the whole $349 again, rather than the
$175~ re-subscriber fee.

I am fed up with RHEL so I have decided to try White Box.... thank god
it exists.  anyhow...

I am having a problem with my Adaptec 2130slp card (running in raid 10).
  The card was detected fine when i did a test install of RHEL v4
(update 4) earlier today.  It was however the x86 version and not
32-bit, if that would make a difference.  I cannot seem to get White Box
to recognize my card / drives.  I tried downloading a RHEL 64-bit driver
from adaptec and loading it using F2 during install, but that does not
seem to work either.

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated, as I have been trying
many distros, and am having bad luck with this adaptec card.

John