[WBEL-users] dual em64t smp

John john@bailx.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:56:21 -0500

i have a dual cpu, intel em64t xeon setup; the smp kernel does not get
installed by default.  i have downloaded some kernels and manually
installed them using rpm -i kernel... etc.

the kernel don't boot, they lock up at the searching for new hardware
screen, and the smp does not even get that far and does an automatic reboot.

i am not sure if this is important / relevant, but i used marcel's edits
in the yum python files

clientStuff.py

if archs == []: return returnarchs

and in archwork.py

if archlist == []: return None

this got around the IndexError when trying to run yum.  I still connot
get the kernel to update through yum or up2date however.  i decided that
maybe rsync is not really an option for us, as we need to keep bandwidth
to an absolute minimum, as with co-location every kb counts :)

any help that can be afforded is much appreciated as always.

Thanks

John