[WBEL-users] About RHEL 3 quaterly upgrade

Francisco A. Lozano fralolo@factoryw.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:21:45 +0100

> I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you're trying to convey.  I am
> NOT implying that the project is dead;  others are.  I'm simply
> suggesting that those bitching about the project being dead because they
> were unable to help take the opportunity and "put up or shut up".

We were unable to help... but not because of us. I asked repeatedly for a
place where I could distribute my RPMs for WBEL: midnight commander,
courier, dia... I really tried to help, and I wasn't able.

I'm sorry if anyone feels bad about what I said, but I said what I think. I
think WBEL is the most-near-to-RHEL "clone"  among all the "clones" of RHEL.
I really want it to survive.

Installing home-built updates from original RHEL .src.rpm's is an option but
certainly not the best one, as it's only valid for us individually but not
for us as a group of users of a distribution.

 (i'm sure noone of us would ever think about distributing .i386.rpm's made
from RHEL's .src.rpm's without White-Box'ing them first).