[WBEL-users] About RHEL 3 quaterly upgrade

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:21:05 +0100

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 23:03, Joe Brouhard wrote:

> Pretty soon, I'll be opening my own mirror.  I will also provide some
> information to those interested in placing some 'contrib' RPM's as well
> as SRPMS on the server.  I may end up with limited webspace, but I think
> it'll be manageable.

That would be awesome!

> I'm not sure about that.  most SRC RPMs that RedHat provides are designed
> to be built by ANYBODY.  Most of the builds I do involve rebuilding RPMs
> for specific support (postfix for MYSQL support, Courier for the same).

Apart from the SPEC file there's usually nothing for RedHat to claim
ownership of. So I think you're right here (hey, why allow people to even
download them otherwise?)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net