[WBEL-users] No complete custom & Joe missing from packaged RPMs

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:29:39 -0500

William Hooper wrote:
> Mark Toomey said:
>
>>Just installed the latest White Box build, and had a couple of comments
>>to offer.
>>
>>1) I would have really liked a custom install where I could go through
>>every package and select exactly what I wanted to install. Redhat
>>has/had this.
>

> It is my understanding that Redhat "had" this and removed it from RHEL
> (definitely from Fedora Core 1).  Since Whitebox is a rebuild...
>

>>2) After installing White Box, I looked for my preferred editor, Joe,
>>with no success. Not only couldn't I ask to have it installed, but it
>>wasn't on any of the 3 disks RPMs directories.
>

> It's not part of RHEL 3.

Any interest in a "contrib" CD for stuff many people want but is not in
RHEL? I am thinking common stuff like 'joe' which used to be there,
perhaps some mp3 stuff depending on legal issues, security stuff, etc.
All with rpms built to drop into WBEL.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
   CTO TMR Associates, Inc