[WBEL-users] md5sum source disk 1 wrong??

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:37:29 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, PatrickM wrote:

> For all clarity, I've downloaded all 6 iso files using an ADSL
> connection. All files were checked using md5sum and all except one check
> out. To be sure, I downloaded source disk 1 again (from an other source)
> and again got the same faulty value.

Source 1 was corrupt on the mirrors.  I tried twiddling the timestamp on
the local copy to get the mirrors to grab it again and finally just did a
touch on the file on Jan 22.  So by the 23rd or 24th all of the mirrors
had loaded a fresh copy.

Can others confirm it still being bad?  I hate bugging the mirror
operators in person, but if it is still bad I'm all outta ideas for things
to try on my end.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!