[WBEL-users] md5sum source disk 1 wrong??

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:29:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, John Morris wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, PatrickM wrote:
>
> > For all clarity, I've downloaded all 6 iso files using an ADSL
> > connection. All files were checked using md5sum and all except one check
> > out. To be sure, I downloaded source disk 1 again (from an other source)
> > and again got the same faulty value.
>
> Source 1 was corrupt on the mirrors.  I tried twiddling the timestamp on
> the local copy to get the mirrors to grab it again and finally just did a
> touch on the file on Jan 22.  So by the 23rd or 24th all of the mirrors
> had loaded a fresh copy.
>
> Can others confirm it still being bad?  I hate bugging the mirror
> operators in person, but if it is still bad I'm all outta ideas for things
> to try on my end.

I just downloaded a fresh copy from

ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/3.0/en/iso/i386/liberation-i386-source-1.iso

to a hosted machine in Telehouse, London.

[pete@tom tmp]# md5sum liberation-i386-source-1.iso
dc5c129f9fcf0ed20f6f57f22a5d1856  liberation-i386-source-1.iso

It checks out okay for me, matches the md5 on the webpage and the one I got
from bit-torrent.

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

                   Vegetarians eat vegetables, beware of humanitarians.