[WBEL-users] yum source and conf

Sharon Kimble sharon63@lineone.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:28:10 +0000

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:54:56 -0500
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj@webtrek.com> wrote:
> 	I'm not sure exactly what you mean as WBL comes with a yum.conf
> 	for
> itself.  However, you should know that there is not "upgrade" from RH9
> to WBL.  You have to do a clean install.

I've learn't in my short time with using linux that you =never= do an
upgrade of a distro :) So I'm going to totally wipe the drive and
install, no problem.

But thanks for the information re a builtin yum as I wasn't aware of
this. Does it also have apt-get please? The reason I ask is that I'm a
great fan of apt-get, ever since my days of dial-up because you can very
easily resume partial upgrades. My ideal is using a combination of
apt-get, yum and up2date with different sources, if its possible.

Sharon.