[WBEL-users] yum source and conf

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:42:05 -0600

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 09:28, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> But thanks for the information re a builtin yum as I wasn't aware of
> this. Does it also have apt-get please? The reason I ask is that I'm a
> great fan of apt-get, ever since my days of dial-up because you can very
> easily resume partial upgrades. My ideal is using a combination of
> apt-get, yum and up2date with different sources, if its possible.

All the WBEL mirrors are yum capable ... none are apt capable, butyou
can use Dag Wieer's RHEL 3 apt package (
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/ ), but I would only use it for
third party apps because the WBEL updates are modified to remove
trademarks.

Here is my yum info:

[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://www.geekstyle.net/white_box/3.0/en/os/i386/

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released
Updates
baseurl=http://www.geekstyle.net/white_box/3.0/en/updates/

Here is my up2date /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources info:

yum WBEL-3.0
http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/pub/linux/whitebox/3.0/en/updates

yum updates-released
http://ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/pub/linux/whitebox/3.0/en/os/i386