[WBEL-users] WBEL and apt-get

Robert Seward rseward@bluestone-consulting.com
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:52:53 -0500

Hello,

I installed WBEL 3.0 on my athlon server. The install went great. The
box is on the network and all that stuff.

I was even able to use up2date and a yum channel to patch my WBEL to the
latest levels. I noticed upgrading with yum (or maybe it is up2date's
fault) is much slower than I am use to. I usually use apt4rpm to keep my
boxes up to date. And this up2date yum thing seemed a whole lot slower
than I am use to.

I am hopelessly addicted to apt4rpm. It is a fast and efficient means of
keeping a server up to date. Does anyone know if there is an APT
repository for WBEL???

If there is not, how can I go about setting up a repository. (I know how
to setup an apt repository.) I am asking how I can keep up with WBEL
updates. How will I know updated RPMS have been posted for WBEL and that
sort of thing so I can keep an apt repository up to date.

Thanks,
Rob

--
======== Bluestone Consulting Group, LLC =================

Robert Seward   -  Chief Software Architect

cell:   734 604 3780
email:  rseward@bluestone-consulting.com
aim:    sewardrobert

   Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought
   to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you
   have to do is to tell them they are being attacked,
   and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
   exposing the country to danger. It works the same in
   any country.

--Hermann Goerig, 1946, commander of the German Air Force --