[WBEL-users] sis 7018 soundcard does not work

TNguyennsj@netscape.net TNguyennsj@netscape.net
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:10:52 -0500

Hi list,
I recently ditched fedora and switched to WBEL.  Under fedora the soundcard on my laptop worked.  However, now it does not.  The soundcard is a onboard sis 7018.  When I use the soundcard settings in system settings, and click on "Play test sound" button, I get the following error popup.

The trident driver could not be loaded.  This soundcard may not be compatible with Linux.

Here is the modules.conf content.

alias eth0 sis900
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias sound-slot-0 trident
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

Any suggestion?

J.T.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.