[WBEL-users] ftp install help

Joe Klemmer klemmerj@webtrek.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:34:27 -0500

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 21:30, William Hooper wrote:

> All the RH install manuals tell you how to do it.  It's not really
> that bad (boot floppy, or boot CD with "linux askmethod IIRC).  My
> problem with HTTP and FTP installs is that you need the full tree, IOW
> a site layed out like the official WB/RH web site.

	This is the part I seem to not be able to grok.  The install manual
seemed to indicate that I just needed to point to an ftp site and it
would build/install the system from there.

> I personally prefer NFS because you can just throw the ISOs into a
> directory and install from them.  There is susposed to be a way to use
> the ISOs for FTP and HTTP, but I've never got it to work.

	Turns out I'm screwed anyway.  The stupid system uses NvIDIA chips for
not just the graphics but for the sound and the NIC.  I have to load the
driver for the NIC before it will even think about trying to do a
network based install.  OC, to get the frelling thing loaded is just so
much fun...

	I hate hardware.

--
Kuramarujo - http://www.webtrek.com/~klemmerj/sumo.html