[WBEL-users] Using cron for auto tasks

Sharon Kimble sharon63@lineone.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:46:18 +0000

There are some things that I want to run automatically, like my email
program starting at least an hour before I get up and then downloading
my email ready for me. So I have made the following cron file which is
in /etc/cron.daily
========================
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/croninit installed on Mon Feb 23 12:02:14 2004)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp
$) MAILTO=""
LANG="en_UK"
0 0 7 * * /usr/local/bin/sylpheed
and called 'boztu.cron'

In the morning I read in my Cron-parts email ...
/etc/cron.daily/boztu.cron:/etc/cron.daily/boztu.cron: line 6: 0:
command not found

and it hasn't run. The permissions on boztu.cron are rwxr-xr-x with the
owner and group being both boztu.

Why doesn't it run please, and what do I need to do to get it to run
please?

Sharon.