[WBEL-users] SMB Browsing Error - (WBEL, Fedora RPM's to install XFce)

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser@pmbenterprises.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:01:52 -0500

The Fedora RPM's for XFce-4.0.3.1 were installed on WBEL 3.0-fixed. I am
finding that I cannot browse or connect to my MDK 9.1 Samba server or
shares, respectively. The error that is given in the 'xffm' monitor is
as follows:

Looking for master browsers...XFSAMBA> nmblookup -M -- -
querying __MSBROWSE__ on 192.168.1.255
name_query failed to find name __MSBROWSE__#01

Nautilus browses and connects with normalcy. Workstations and server are
statically assigned and all '/etc/hosts' files have the server's IP and
host name included. Nothing has changed in the network outside of this
recent WBEL installation. BTW...I have a Fedora workstation up and
running and it browses and connects as expected.

Has anyone experienced this in WBEL? Could this be because I used
Fedora-favored RPM's to install XFce? Any ideas as to where to find my
solution?

TIA,

Paul