[WBEL-users] strange problem with WBEL 3.0

Greg Brown gregbrown@mindspring.com
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:42:14 -0500

Yeah, I neglected to mention I rebooted after setting iptables to
"off".  Oops.

Now, this is where things get interesting.  I reinstalled simply out of
frustration to a basic install.. no gui, no nothing.

DHCP failes for eth0 on first boot.

I log in, issue iptables -F (though there's nothing in iptables to stop
DHCP - I'm just doing it for good measure).  Then I issued a 'service
network restart' and it puked out of the following error:

Bringing up interface eth0: eth0: Host error, FIFO diagnostic register
2000.
eth0: PCI bus master, bus status 00x00029
eth0: bus-master 1, dirty (11) currrent 1(1)
(followed by lots of lenght and status lines).

Obviously this is something wrong.  But what?  Any ideas?  I'm off to
google.

Greg