[WBEL-users] ACPI support on WBEL/RHEL ?

f.duncan.m.haldane@att.net f.duncan.m.haldane@att.net
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:20:11 +0000

Hi,
I've installed WBEL to test it as a possible RH7.3 replacement.
One system is an Athlon which has ACPI instead of APM, and needs ACPI
support for poweroff to work correctly.

In the past I've been recompiling the RH Kernels for this system with ACPI
switched on and APM off.

Looking at WBEL, I see that (a) APM was off by default (b) ACPI seems
to be missing as an option when I "make xconfig", so I guess RH patched
it out (?)  I suppose I'll be able to go out and find whatever I need to
patch that WBEL Kernel to make ACPI work, but before I invest the time
in that and reinvent the wheel, I wanted to know if anyone here had run into
ACPI issues?

APM was there in WBEL, but seemed to be off by default.  (In any case,
that athlon doesnt support it.  It has the VIA82C... whatever chipset)

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Duncan