[WBEL-users] converting an old box to this distro

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:35:03 +0100

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:10:38AM +1100, Ian Holsman wrote:

> I'd like to install whitebox on one of my test boxes.
> unfortuantly I'm 3000 miles away from that machine so I can't just stick
> in the CD ;(
>
> I know it's unsupported, and will result in voiding my waranty etc, but
> is there a unoffical howto on how to upgrade on the fly (and pointers to
> what can & will go wrong by doing this)

I used yum upgrade with luck. But you have to test your update on local
machine first (with similar config/packages).

You may create kickstart file and ask somebody to insert 1st CD, 1 FDD
and instal rest of packages from FTP server or change CDs in your remote
machine too.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz