[WBEL-users] Does nobody respond, is the list dead?

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:57:19 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Orlando Rubino Gala wrote:

> Does nobody respond, is the list dead?

No, the list is not dead.  Lots of us are still out here using whitebox,
reading the list and responding to questions whenever there is something
we can answer. If I understand right, the design of a users list is that
we respond to each other.  Sometimes questions will go unanswered at least
for the moment because no one else on the users list knows the answer.
When we step out into the GNU/Open Source/Do It Yourself area, we take the
chance that we will have to search for answers, experiment on our own and
sometimes put up with not solving a problem.  When we want/need someone to
be responsible for answering our questions or solving our problems within
a defined time frame, we should be looking at purchased support.

Don't get discouraged when there is not an immediate answer.  If someone
else figures it out, they'll post the answer.  And if you figure it out
first, you get to post the answer and take the bow!

This is Linux country.  On a quiet night you can hear Windows NT reboot.

Vicki Reeves, SysAdmin        http://www.beau.lib.la.us
Beauregard Parish Library     vickir@beau.lib.la.us
205 South Washington Avenue   Phone (337) 463-6217 ext 19
DeRidder, LA 70634            Fax (337) 462-5434