[WBEL-users] Does nobody respond, is the list dead?

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:03:56 +0100

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:57:19PM -0600, Vicki Reeves wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Orlando Rubino Gala wrote:
>
> > Does nobody respond, is the list dead?
>
> No, the list is not dead.  Lots of us are still out here using whitebox,
> reading the list and responding to questions whenever there is something
> we can answer. If I understand right, the design of a users list is that
> we respond to each other.  Sometimes questions will go unanswered at least
> for the moment because no one else on the users list knows the answer.
> When we step out into the GNU/Open Source/Do It Yourself area, we take the
> chance that we will have to search for answers, experiment on our own and
> sometimes put up with not solving a problem.  When we want/need someone to
> be responsible for answering our questions or solving our problems within
> a defined time frame, we should be looking at purchased support.

Please make a second round of thinking about Reply-To: to this list by
default because we are loosing a good database of answers inside of list
archive.

This is not question list but discussion about a problems, isn't it?

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz