[WBEL-users] Does it affect us?

Magnus Hedemark magnus@yonderway.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:08:27 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, John Morris wrote:

> Been mostly pondering just how close it is safe to get reposting RH's
> errata notices.  Think for now I'll play it safe and make only a minimal
> posting, including only the bare required info; package, CVE ID and a
> reference to RH's identifier.  Don't think an ID string can be
> copyrighted.

I think it would be completely safe to post a package name in the subject
header, have a generic template that a new errata package is available for
WBEL, and finish with a link to the Red Hat announcement "for more
information".  That way you're republishing none of Red Hat's text, giving
credit where credit is due, and still getting word out about new packages
available.