[WBEL-users] up2date error

Chris Wertman cwertman@yahoo.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:04:21 -0800 (PST)

Well,

Sort of, I am a registered owner of RHEL 3 ES and AS,
the update of the kernel showing up has happened since
release. You probably already have them installed,
type uname -r in a terminal to check your running
kernel version.

My machines (actual RHEL 3 boxes) will still show the
kernel as being available even though its already
updated.

BUT something of not is that the current kernel for
RHEL 3 is actually kernel-2.4.21-9.EL The best mirror
I have found so far for RHEL updates (source of
course) is
ftp://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/3AS/en/os/SRPMS
they get updates nearly as soon as their release and
they have good bandwith.

Have Fun !

Chris