[WBEL-users] Testing RPMS from RH's updates

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:11:30 +0100

Hi,

there is a plenty of updates from RH now. As usually I builded them (and
tryed to fix my auto-build scripts) and make them available here:

ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whitebox.org/people/milan.kerslager/RHEL-3/testing.updates/

If you would like to try them out, add this section to your
/etc/yum.conf:

[testing-updates]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Testing Updates
baseurl=ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whitebox.org/people/milan.kerslager/RHEL-3/testing.updates/yum-repository/

Then you may run (see man yum for more info):

$ yum check-update
$ yum update some-package
$ yum update

Keep in mind that I just compiled these packages to test them on my
servers. Because I have to delete them after succesfull compare with
Morris's packages I did no changes in SPEC files so there could be
trademarks issues (drop me a mail to allow me to rebuild them). The
second reason is that Morris did not modified a release number in some
packages even there was a change in WBEL build. So I'm not able to track
down these changes and allow easy update to modified version.

If there will be an error in testing package, this package will be
rebuilded and replaced in the archive with the same version-relase
number so you have to replace broken package with new one by yourself (I
suggest install Morris's official updates when he make them available).

So you probably would like to test only some of them (kernel for
example).

There are updates for AMD64 build in this repository too. As there is
only RC1 release of AMD64 port of WBEL, there are only testing updates
(even I use them).

ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whitebox.org/people/pasi.pirhonen/AMD64-RC1/

There is my GPG key too:
ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whitebox.org/people/milan.kerslager/Milan.Kerslager-GPG-KEY.asc

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz