[WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway - solved

Simone simone72@email.it
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:05:21 +0200

--=====================_1034431796==.ALT

Hi,
 >...Maybe I'm completely wrong.....

I was completely wrong in fact. The problem I found to be the=20
authentication type on IIS. Googling I found that Windows authentication is=
=20
not supported with reverse proxy, so the only type accepted and working is=
=20
plain-text. This is obviously not nice, and lead me to set up an SSL=20
connection to the page, building a certificate with openssl.
So now, the front-end gateway is listening on both ports 80 and 443, but=20
reverse proxy is done only on port 443.
I am pretty satisfied with this solution, if I should not, well,=20
suggestions are welcome  ;-)

If anyone is interested in more detailed info, just send an email.

Thanks for the help with this set up and for pointing me in the right=20
(reverse proxy) direction.

Have a nice day
Simone

At 16:56 30/06/2004, Simone wrote:
>Hi,
>tried reverse proxy, it works till I get the authentication page, then I=20
>get a "Cannot find server". It looks like the proxy is working fine, but=20
>it cannot reverse the page generated by the Exchange server. The page is=20
>for ex. http://mail.server/exchange and there I get the login prompt. If I=
=20
>authenticate directly on this page (not through apache), then the page=20
>name doesn't change, but the main frame information gives me=20
>http://mail/server/exchange/username/Inbox/?Cmd=3Dcontents. I think since=
=20
>the page name is not changed apache can't load the Inbox.
>Maybe I'm completely wrong, and I'll certainly google to find an answer,=20
>but if anyone has a suggestion it would be very appreciated.
>
>Thanks, have a nice day
>Simone
>

>At 13:43 28/06/2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 05:28, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>I was also thinking that Outlook Web Access could work ... but you would=
=20
>>either need to setup 3 IPs to point into the network to each server (not=
=20
>>very secure) in the firewall ... or do reverse proxying of the all 3=20
>>servers from one external server.
>>
>>here is an article reverse proxy using apache:
>><http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies>http://www.apacheweek.c=
om/features/reverseproxies

>>Johnny Hughes
>>
>><http://www.hughesjr.com>HughesJR.com
>>

>----
>Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per=20
>te:<3dhttp://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid>clicca=3D qui
>
>Sponsor:
>Da 1.500 a 10.000 Euro per realizzare i tuoi desideri con sicurezza e=20
>sempl=3D icit=E0, clicca e richiedi il tuo prestito
><3dhttp://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid>Clicca qui

 Sponsor:
 Corsi professionali in aula: Office, sviluppo web e molto altro! Dai subito un'occhiata senza impegno ai programmi e al calendario dei corsi a cui sei interessato...
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2338&d=5-7
--=====================_1034431796==.ALT

Hi,<br>
&gt;...Maybe I'm completely wrong.....<br><br>
I was completely wrong in fact. The problem I found to be the
authentication type on IIS. Googling I found that Windows authentication
is not supported with reverse proxy, so the only type accepted and
working is plain-text. This is obviously not nice, and lead me to set up
an SSL connection to the page, building a certificate with openssl.<br>
So now, the front-end gateway is listening on both ports 80 and 443, but
reverse proxy is done only on port 443.<br>
I am pretty satisfied with this solution, if I should not, well,
suggestions are welcome&nbsp; ;-)<br><br>
If anyone is interested in more detailed info, just send an
email.<br><br>
Thanks for the help with this set up and for pointing me in the right
(reverse proxy) direction.<br><br>
Have a nice day<br>
Simone<br><br>
At 16:56 30/06/2004, Simone wrote:<br>
tried reverse proxy, it works till I get the authentication page, then I
get a &quot;Cannot find server&quot;. It looks like the proxy is working
fine, but it cannot reverse the page generated by the Exchange server.
The page is for ex.
r/exchange</a>
and there I get the login prompt. If I authenticate directly on this page=
 (not through apache), then the page name doesn't change, but the main frame=
 information gives me <a=
 href=3D"http://mail/server/exchange/username/Inbox/?Cmd=3Dcontents"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://mail/server/exchange/username/Inbox/?Cmd=3Dconten=
ts</a>. I think since the page name is not changed apache can't load the=
 Inbox.<br>
Maybe I'm completely wrong, and I'll certainly google to find an answer, but=
 if anyone has a suggestion it would be very appreciated.<br><br>
Thanks, have a nice day<br>
Simone<br><br>
At 13:43 28/06/2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:<br>
 Karanbir Singh wrote: <br>
I was also thinking that Outlook Web Access could work ... but you would=
 either need to setup 3 IPs to point into the network to each server (not=
 very secure) in the firewall ... or do reverse proxying of the all 3=
 servers from one external server.<br><br>
here is an article reverse proxy using apache:<br>
<a=
 href=3D"http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies">http://www.apach=
<pre>

Johnny Hughes

----<br>
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te:<a=
Sponsor:<br>
Da 1.500 a 10.000 Euro per realizzare i tuoi desideri con sicurezza e sempl=
=3D icit=E0, clicca e richiedi il tuo prestito<br>
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te:<a href=3Dhttp://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid=3D3 target=3D_blank >clicca=
 qui</a><br>
Sponsor:<br>
Stai cercando prodotti erboristici di qualit&agrave; a prezzi competitivi? =

<BR></body>