[WBEL-users] Adding bootable flag to running Array

Edward Rudd eddie@omegaware.com
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:52:05 -0500

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 05:58, Simone wrote:
> Hi,
> well actually I have grub installed in the MBR on the original disk. I
> know that if the "master" disk breaks I cannot boot from the new disk
> (I tried this before), so I have to start with the cd in rescue mode
> and run /sbin/grub to do
>
> grub> root (hd0,0)
> grub> setup (hd0)
> grub> quit
>
> Don't know if this is enough or if I need the flag.

That is all you need to do.
Grub and LILO do not use the "boot" flag.. That is only a windows
requirement, or if you have grub/lilo installed on a partition boot
record instead of the master boot record.

Website http://www.outoforder.cc/