[WBEL-users] WBEL and SWAT

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:26:56 -0500

--=-c6D0o7dv4QI30Zrxot8p

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 23:44, Ganeshram Iyer wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if samba-swat is installed with WBEL server install. I
> dont remember selecting it when performing the installation? I am a bit
> of a newbie with Linux so wondering what I need to do to verify SWAT
> install and how to run. I followed some directions that I found on
> configuring it using the xinetd as well the swat file and then tried to
> connect to SWAT using http://localhost:901 (also tried
> http://127.0.0.1:901 along with a few other combos, server name, DHCP
> address etc...) but I get the message that "unable to connect to site at
> port 901". I even turned off the firewall completely and also shutdown
> iptables in all 3,4,5 states. anybody have any links to HOWTOs or SWAT
> un/official manuals? I would really appreciate the help.

To see if samba-swat is installed do this:

rpm -qa | grep -i samba

If you don't see samba-swat, it is not installed.  If you have yum
working ... use this command to get samba-swat:

yum install samba-swat

Here are  a couple links for swat:

http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#id2508588

http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html

Johnny Hughes
HughesJR.com

--=-c6D0o7dv4QI30Zrxot8p

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>Hello all,

I was wondering if samba-swat is installed with WBEL server install. I
dont remember selecting it when performing the installation? I am a bit
of a newbie with Linux so wondering what I need to do to verify SWAT
install and how to run. I followed some directions that I found on
configuring it using the xinetd as well the swat file and then tried to
connect to SWAT using </FONT><A HREF="http://localhost:901"><U>http://localhost:901</U></A><FONT COLOR="#737373"> (also tried </FONT>
<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1:901"><U>http://127.0.0.1:901</U></A><FONT COLOR="#737373"> along with a few other combos, server name, DHCP
address etc...) but I get the message that &quot;unable to connect to site at
port 901&quot;. I even turned off the firewall completely and also shutdown
iptables in all 3,4,5 states. anybody have any links to HOWTOs or SWAT
un/official manuals? I would really appreciate the help.
</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
To see if samba-swat is installed do this:<BR>
<BR>
rpm -qa | grep -i samba<BR>
<BR>
If you don't see samba-swat, it is not installed.&nbsp; If you have yum working ... use this command to get samba-swat:<BR>
<BR>
yum install samba-swat<BR>
<BR>
Here are&nbsp; a couple links for swat:<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF="http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#id2508588">http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#id2508588</A><BR>
<BR>
<A HREF="http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html">http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html</A><BR>
<BR>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
Johnny Hughes<BR>
<A HREF="http://www.hughesjr.com"><U>HughesJR.com</U></A>