[WBEL-users] WBEL and SWAT

Ganeshram Iyer gri0941@exchange.uta.edu
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:44:18 -0500

Hello all,

I was wondering if samba-swat is installed with WBEL server install. I
dont remember selecting it when performing the installation? I am a bit
of a newbie with Linux so wondering what I need to do to verify SWAT
install and how to run. I followed some directions that I found on
configuring it using the xinetd as well the swat file and then tried to
connect to SWAT using http://localhost:901 (also tried
http://127.0.0.1:901 along with a few other combos, server name, DHCP
address etc...) but I get the message that "unable to connect to site at
port 901". I even turned off the firewall completely and also shutdown
iptables in all 3,4,5 states. anybody have any links to HOWTOs or SWAT
un/official manuals? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks very much in advance and also a thanks to the guys behind WBEL.
Great work guys.
Ganesh